Thursday 20 December 2012

Editing practise with Imogen Welsford

In order to practice editing for our coursework, my self and Imogen in a pair were given clips of video and audio from a scene of film and were asked to reconstruct the scene ourselves in Adobe CS3 Premier Pro, a professional piece of editing software on the Mac's. We had to trim all of the clips, place them in the right order and in the right times, cut and place in the audio clips, create and place in titles. We did this as a team, working together to decide where and what to cut/trim and where they should all be placed. As a final cut I think that myself and Imogen did a great job when comparing the sequence to the original. I believe that all of our timing with the visuals and audio were all near perfect and that through our editing I believe that we successfully created a sense of anticipation and suspense which was apparent in the original edit. I think the one weakness that we had is that the titles were a little off, our font decision didn't match those of the original and i think that we inadvertently at points used different fonts. Apart from this i think that me and Imogen did a great job.

Our Edit....


No comments:

Post a Comment