Tuesday 18 December 2012

Continuity Task: Evaluation

All in all I think that the process of planning, filming, editing and our final piece went very well. I think that our group ethic and individual roles definitely helped tom make this task enjoyable as well  as a great way to improve our skills in film making. The final film i believe is very strong and follows all of the rules that was placed upon it (See previous post). To start, i think that our opening sequence that we filmed in the cafe was very strong. I believe that we used a variety of camera angles along with a shot reverse shot. The pace of the editing was consistent and we are very happy with that part of the sequence. During the sequence where i am walking i think we could have improved on slightly. I think that all of the shots were strong and that they all worked well in terms of setting a scene and working along side with our non-diegetic music but i think that the shot in where there is tracking is not as strong as it could have been. I think that their was a bit to much camera wobble and that the shot was a little do different and didn't help with setting tone within the sequence. At the end of this walking sequence there is a shot of me entering a door, where in fact i enter through one door and exit through a different door leading into a different location, which i thought was quite clever. The dialogue sequence followed and this is I believe is where the most variety is with in the short film. We used long, medium and close ups, zooms, low and high angles. I think that all of these elements added up to make a strong final sequence to our film. I think that if were to change this last sequence I think we should include the use of over the shoulder shots during the dialogue to give a bit more variety and just in general give it a more polished finish.

Myself and my group are very happy with our effort and hope that the skills and processes used to create this will carry over and help us with the making of our final film.


No comments:

Post a Comment