Friday 14 December 2012

Continuity Task: Filming

Last Wednesday we filmed out continuity task. As we needed our friend Giles as an actor and his timetable was a bit different to ours we were forced to film the last scene first. This was ok as we had the time to film the rest of the scenes that day. Our first location was the corridor downstairs in the Chikara centre so we set up our camera on a tripod to film a long shot with an eye line match of myself entering the room. This was followed be us filming the dialogue sequence of our film, using SRS's with an eye line match and also a few other camera angles thrown in such as an low angle shot looking up at Giles at one point. Once this had been done we filmed the shot of myself storming out of the room using a low angle long shot.

Once this had been completed we started to film the beginning and middle section of our film. Our location for the begging of our scene was the Cafe 2000 where i would be alone and i would receive a text that wasn't meant for me. We started with a  long shot of myself at a table, establishing my location, then cutting to medium shots of me. When receiving the text, we filmed my phone actually receiving a text which we would then add in sound effects whilst editing. we then filmed a quick SRS between myself and the text on the phone. This then cuts to a medium shot of myself standing up and then cutting to a low angle shot of my feet leaving the room, showing i am changing location. From this point on we filmed myself from a variety of angles walking down the Java corridors until i reach the LRC doors. 

This ended the filming process and we were all very happy with how it had gone. I believe personally that how choices of locations and sots to use were interesting and varied, which will hopefully all add up to make a good short sequence as part of our practice in filming and editing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment